POLICY ON PROVENANCE CLAIMS
The policies relating to this section are part of the Business Principles adopted by Stephen Betts & Sons Limited and are presented below for reference:
“The company shall ensure all its Provenance Claims made will be fully valid along with available evidence to support the Claim(s)”.
The company shall ensure that all claims and statements (made to other businesses or consumers) on practices in the supply chain and the origin or source of Silver & Gold through the use of both descriptions and symbols are valid.
The company shall ensure that there will be no attempt to mislead consumers through illustrations, descriptions, expressions, words, figures, depictions or symbols relating to the Provenance Claim(s). The company implements suggestion/complaint/grievance procedure and publicly display contact details of compliance officer/promoters where anyone can register their concerns. Further the company set mechanism of internal audit at regular interval to ensure compliance with respect to provenance claim.
The company shall ensure that all the relevant employees are aware about the provenance claim and its procedures.
The company have implemented a complaints mechanism appropriate to the nature, scale and impact of the business, to allow interested parties to voice concerns about the veracity of the Provenance Claim(s).
Concerns can be raised by interested parties via email or telephone to:
Stephen Betts & Sons Limited 49-63 Spencer Street Birmingham B18 6DE Tel: 0121 233 2413 Email: [email protected]
On receiving a complaint, we will aim to:
- Get an accurate report of the complaint
- Explain our complaints procedure
- Find out how the complainant would like it handled
- Decide who is the appropriate person internally to handle the complaint, or assist with redirecting the complain to another entity, such as the relevant supplier, or an institution, such as a relevant trade body
- Where the issues can be handled internally, seek further information where possible and appropriate
- Identify any actions we should take, or monitor the situation
- Advise the complainant of any decisions or outcomes
- Keep records on complaints received and the internal process followed, for at least 5 years